Standardised prevention programmes are offered to reduce and prevent the harmful effects of substances on children, adolescents, youth and adults in all communities where SANCA services are accessible.
These SANCA prevention programmes include:
- ‘Boogie Woogie’ puppet shows for 4 to 9-year-olds.
- ‘Shatterproof’ puppet shows for 10 to 14-year-olds.
- ‘Life is A Choice’ for adolescents (Peer Education Programme).
- ‘Kemoja’ for all school learners and out-of-school youth.
- ‘Can You Hear Me Now’ for the prevention of FASD targeted at pregnant women.